TABLES/PAYMENTSAll tables at the Westchester County Center are 8 feet long by approximately 30 inches wide, and cost $120 each. Each table is provided with two chairs. If you cancel your table at least 10 days prior to the show, a refund or credit will be provided without question. With less than 10 days notice, a refund or credit will be given ONLY if the table can be re-sold. Each table can receive up to two free vendor badges that will be supplied when you check in on the day of the show. One additional badge per table may be purchased at check-in for $5. Tables are standard rental tables that, while sturdy, have been “well-used’- we do recommend bringing a tablecloth or covering.
Tables must be claimed by 8:30 AM or they will be made available to other vendors without refund. If you are running late, please contact Meredith at 914 522-1539 to let her know to hold the table for you!! Please let us know if you just need the "spot" and not the actual table. All tables will be within 50 feet of a shared electrical outlet. You are responsible for providing a 50-foot extension cord and a power strip to connect to your table. Extension cords may NOT be taped across the aisles open to the public. Please bring your own, labelled, loading cart- none are available at the hotel. We retain the right to prohibit certain types of exhibits and behaviour that we feel are inappropriate or unsafe. Flashing lights, music, handing out flyers away from your booth, and walking around with animals for sale are all prohibited. Signs or banners may be taped to the wall behind your table if you have wall space- no tacks, nails, etc.
SET-UPThe show is held at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY. The vendor set-up time is from 6am to 8:30am. Please do not arrive before this time! Show hours are from 9 am to 4 pm. Parking for vendors is provided in an open-air lot behind the County Center. We occasionally share the lot with other shows and if you arrive late, you will have to park in the paid visitor lot across the street from the County Center.
SMOKING/DRINKINGThe Westchester County Center specifically requires that there be NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL allowed in the building. The County Center operates a food concession selling sandwiches, sodas, etc from 11 to 2pm. NO other food sales are allowed at the expo!
ANIMAL RULESVendors are responsible for following all federal, state, and local regulations! Below includes a summary to the best of our knowledge, but vendors are ultimately responsible for making sure that their animals are legal!! - Although we do not restrict sales to just captive-bred animals, we do require that all animals be outwardly healthy and acclimated. Any animal deemed unsuitable or unhealthy by the show staff must be removed from the table without question! - All turtles and tortoises must be at least 4 inches long- sale or display! This includes wholesale or the sale for 'educational' purposes. This will be strictly enforced and any infractions will result in suspension or a permanent ban from our shows.
- All animals must be sold in secure containers or bags. No "loose" animals, please!!
- Animals should NOT be overcrowded in their display cages.
- All animals must be displayed in closed containers or tanks that children cannot reach into!
- No live mammals or birds, except eyes-closed pinkie/fuzzy feeder mice.
- No crickets, except in pre-counted, sealed boxes.
- No federally endangered, threatened, or New York native herps may be sold or displayed.
-- No venomous or devenomized reptiles allowed
- No Crocodilians- display or sale- even skins, mounts, etc. (NY State Law) without a NY state permit.
- New York also prohibits the sale of Reticulated, African Rock, Burmese/Indian, Amethystine Pythons, Anacondas, and the Nile, Water, Black-throat, and White-throat Monitors. - Please refer to the DEC website. -Because of White Plains' proximity to NYC, no scorpions are permitted to be sold at the White Plains Show -Vendors must be prepared to provide a receipt upon request to the purchaser that includes the vendor’s name, address, and phone number.
- When a live reptile is sold in New York State, the purchaser MUST be notified regarding Salmonella Infection from Frogs, Turtles and Lizards. A QR Code with a link to the New York State information is available at the bottom of this page for your patrons to scan. Please print a copy, and have it prominently displayed at your table. There is more information here. Vendors shall hold Animal Encounters LLC, the show coordinators, staff, and the Westchester County Center harmless from all claims beyond the price of the table rental. The expo staff reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any vendor, not in compliance with any of the above show regulations without refund of the table rental fee. Vendors assume full responsibility for all animals brought to the show, and any injuries caused by animals brought by a vendor are the sole responsibility and liability of that vendor.