NOTE: VENDOR TABLES FOR THE OCTOBER 22, 2017 EXPO ARE SOLD OUT If you are interested in becoming a vendor at our next Long Island Reptile Expo, please fill out and send in the Vendor Form. Upon receipt, we will let you know if tables are still available. If we are sold out, we will hold onto your information in case of last minute cancellations. We do only accept vendors who are selling reptiles or reptile-related items. All vendors must by NY state law have a NY Sales Tax Certificate of Authority.
Tables/payments All tables are 8 feet long by approximately 30 inches wide. Tables are not considered reserved until receipt of payment and current tax ID number! If you cancel your space at least 10 days prior to the show, the table price will be refunded. NO refunds with less than 10 days notice unless the table can be re-sold. Tables must be claimed by 9:30am, or they will be made available to other vendors without refund. All tables will be within 50 feet of an electrical outlet (probably less). You are responsible for providing a 50 foot extension cord and power strip to share these power drops with other vendors. Each table is entitled to 2 vendor badges only, which will be available for pick-up when you arrive in the morning. Please bring your own, labeled, loading cart.Each table comes with two chairs.
We retain the right to prohibit certain types of exhibits and behavior that we feel is inappropriate or unsafe. Flashing lights, music, handing out flyers away from your booth, and walking around with animals for sale are all prohibited. Vendor set-up time is from 6am to 9:30am, and show hours are from 9:30AM to 4PM.Please note that the college does prohibit helium balloons in the building.
Hotels The closest hotel to the expo is the UpSky Long Island Hotel is located just ¼ mile away from the college at 110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway in Hauppauge.Their number is: 631-231-1100.They have been ok at past shows with discretely packaged herps.Other nearby options are the Wingate by Windham- 631-434-1818, and the Holiday Inn Express- 631-348-1400.
SALES TAX Vendors are responsible for obtaining a State of NY Sales Tax Permit (Certificate of Authority), collecting the appropriate NY sales tax, and displaying their valid permit at their table. Strict NY State laws require that the Expo have on hand a copy of your valid permit. WE MUST RECEIVE THIS AT LEAST 10 DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW TO HOLD YOUR TABLES. If we do not receive it, you will loose your tables, and no refunds will be given! Click HERE for more information on the Certificate of Authority The applications can take weeks to process- be sure to allow for enough time to get your permit before the show.
SMOKING/DRINKING NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL allowed in the building. The college will operate a snack bar selling hot dogs, sodas, etc during the hours that the show is open to the public.
ANIMAL RULES Below is a list of state and local regulations that to the best of our knowledge apply to reptile sales in the area. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of the individual vendor to ensure that all animals being sold are legal!
- Although we do not restrict sales to just captive bred animals, we do require that all animals be healthy and acclimated. Any animal deemed unsuitable or unhealthy by the show staff must be removed from the table without question!
- All turtles and tortoises must be at least 4 inches long- sale or display! The county health dept. sometimes checks for and confiscates undersize animals!!
- All animals must be sold in secure containers or bags. No "loose" animals please!!
- Animals should NOT be overcrowded in their display cages.
- All animals must be displayed in closed containers or tanks that children cannot reach into!
- No live mammals or birds, except eyes closed pinkie/fuzzy feeder mice.
- No crickets, except in pre-counted, sealed boxes.
- No federally endangered, threatened, or NY native herps may be sold or displayed.
-- No venomous or devenomized reptiles allowed
- No Crocodilians- display or sale- even skins, mounts, etc. (NY State Law)
- NY also prohibits the sale of Reticulated, African Rock, Burmese/Indian, and Amethystine Pythons, Anacondas, and Nile, Water, Black-throat, and White-throat Monitors.
- When a live reptile is sold the purchaser MUST be given a copy official NY State Salmonella Warning Flyer. Copies of this will be available at the vendor registration table for you to hand out. NY state consumer laws also require that you give a receipt upon request.
Vendors shall hold Animal Encounters LLC, the show coordinators, staff, and Suffolk Community College harmless from all claims beyond the price of the table rental. The expo staff reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any vendor not in compliance with the above show regulations without refund of table rental fee. Vendors assume full responsibility for all animals brought to the show, and any injuries caused by animals brought by a vendor are the sole responsibility and liability of that vendor.